An unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV), commonly known as a drone is an aircraft without a human pilot aboard. Applications: Aerial crop surveys , Aerial photography, Search and rescue, Inspection of power lines and pipelines Counting wildlife, Delivering medical supplies to otherwise inaccessible regions, Detection of illegal hunting, Reconnaissance operations, Fire and large-accident investigation, Landslide measurement and so on.
Awards & Recognition
Team Dronix has brought lot of laurels to Panimalar Institute of Technology which include:
- Dr. Abdul Kalam Young innovator Award on “Drones for Good” presented by World Youth Federation at CEG Campus, Anna University, during October 2016.
- Finalist at Accenture Innovation Jockeys 5 – 2016 (amongst 8000+ entries) conducted by Accenture India at Bangalore during October 2016.
- Runners up at Global Climathon Challenge on Air Pollution Control using UAVs conducted by DHI Labs, Germany held at Anna University, Chennai, during November 2016.
- Aero 360 – Startup incubated at PIT from November 2016,to impart training in Drone Manufacturing, Assembly and Aerial Mapping.
- Apollo Telemedicine Networking Foundation – Fabrication of fixed wing UAVs for delivery of basic medical amenities at the Himalayas. On going negotiations with Government of Himachal Pradesh and Apollo Hospitals- 2017-2018.
- Aerial survey of 200 acres of infrastructure at Sholinganallur, Chennai affected by Cyclone ‘Wardha’ using UAVs – December 2016.
- Mapping of railway lines for compiling accurate data on new lines laid at Trichy – March 2017.
- Aerial inspection of Telecom towers for a telecom major - March 2017.
- Mapping of Smart City covering 500 acres at Raipur - April 2017.
The Team lead by Mr.Ranjith Samuel along with Mr.Simeon Jebaz Asir of ECE were invited to give talks and made their presentations at
- The Commercial UAV Show Asia 2016 at Singapore.
- Small Unmanned Systems Business Exposition 2017 at Silicon Valley, San Fransico, USA.
- Drone Tech Europe 2017 at Bristol United Kingdom.