Robots play a major role in our lives and they are extensively used in the areas like defense, industries, medical and home applications. They can carry out different risky jobs that can help to save humans life. Our robot includes of LDR sensor for night vision automatic lightning, obstacle avoidance using Ultrasonic Sensor, Human detection using PIR sensor. The robot provides continuous visual monitoring through the wireless camera attached to it and sends continuous data to the database, automatic edge detection so that robot can protect itself from falling from heights. It can sense humidity, temperature, smoke and metallic bombs and hence immediately provide an alert through an E-Mail using IoT. We can also track its location using IP address.
Current Problem Vs Our Solution
Current problems are
- The robots can either maneuver land or air space.
- The robots do not have device to device communication.
- Insufficient storage.
- Collecting information supplied by the robots can be a tedious task.
Our Solution is
- Pre-monitoring the area.
- It would detect the location to the absolute precise point using GPS.
- The bot is connected to IOT making data more secure and authentic.
- It provides Device to device communication-(future aspect)
- The bot accesses its cloud for storage.
Atombot is highly useful to the military or any defence organization who can put the robot to good use. The demand for the Atombot will automatically increase when there is a threat to the peace in a country or when there is a state of disruption. Considering statistics that the use and demand for robots increased tremendously after the 9/11 in the US making a 74% increase in the production as well as sales of the robots in general.
Awards & Recognition
- Presented at 8th India Innovation Initiative-i3 2016 , co-promoted by CII with partners such as Department of Science and Technology (DST) and the All India Council for Technical education (AICTE), Government of India at New Delhi.
- Funded with Rs. 10,000 by Tamil Nadu State council for Science and Technology under Student Project Scheme 2016.
- Filed with Intellectual Property Rights-2017.
- Participated in SS12 Innovation Fair 16 a Code-A-Thon and Make-A-Thon Challenge organized by IEEE CS Chapter of Kongu Engineering College, in partnership with Project Possibility and IEEE Humanitarian Activities Committee.
Shanmuga Priya.V, Niveda B , Shraddha Kamath, IV ECE